Gregory D. Boardman
Areas of Interest :
Industrial waste management, water and wastewater treatment, environmental toxicology, aquaculture
- B.S. Civil Engineering, graduated summa cum laude, University of New Hampshire at Durham, 1972
- M.S. Civil (Environmental) Engineering, University of New Hampshire at Durham, 1973
- Ph.D. Civil (Environmental) Engineering, University of Maine at Orono, 1976
- Distinguished Service Award, Association of Environmental Engineering and Science Professors, 1991 and 2007.
- College Award for Outreach Excellence, VPI&SU, 2007.
- Enslow-Hedgepeth Award, Virginia Water Pollution Control Association, 2012.
- Elected Fellow of ASCE, April 2005.
- University Outreach Excellence Award, VPI&SU, 2000.
- Engineering Dean's Award for Excellence in Service, VPI&SU, 1998.
- Fundamental of Environmental Toxicology
- Environmental Engineering Design I
- Introduction to Environmental Engineering
- Introduction to Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Enhancement of Pollution Prevention Practices at Textile Mills, Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
- Demonstration of Waste Management Operations at a Crab Processing Facility, National Coastal Resources Research and Development Institute
- Field and Laboratory Evaluation of Benthic Macroinvertebrate Susceptibility to Trout Effluents, Commercial Fish and Shellfish Technologies Program
- Evaluation of TotalMix Aeration System, CHL Consultants, LLC
- Effects of Feeds and Chemotherapeutics on Water Quality and Nitrifier Populations, U.S. Dept. of Agriculture
- Evaluation and Optimization of Shrimp Culture in Tilapia Effluents, U.S. Dept. of Agriculture
- Stewart, N. T., Boardman, G. D., and Helfrich, L. A., "Treatment of Rainbow Trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) Raceway Effluent using Baffled Sedimentation and Artificial Substrates," 35, pp. 166-178, 2006.
- Boardman, G.D., and McVeigh, P.J., "Use of UASB Technology to Treat Crab Processing Wastewater," Journal of Environmental Engineering, ASCE, 123(8), pp. 776-785, 1997
- Bramble, L. A., Boardman, G. D., Bevan, D. R., and Dietrich, A.M., " Rat Liver Mitochondrial and Microsomal Tests for the Assessment of Quinone Toxicity," Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry, 13 (2), pp. 307-316, 1994.
- Ganesh, R., Boardman, G. D., and Michelsen, D., "Fate of Azo Dyes in Sludges," Water Research, 28 (6), pp.1367-1376, 1994.
- Christopher, H. J., Boardman, G. D., and Freeman, D. L., "Aerobic Biological Treatment of 2,4-Dinitrotoluene in Munitions Plant Wastewater," Water Research, 34 (5), pp. 1595-1603, 2000.
- Boardman, G. D., Starbuck, S. S., Hudgins, D. B., Li, X., and Kuhn, D. D., "Toxicity of Ammonia to Three Marine Fish and Three Marine Invertebrates," Environmental Toxicology, 19, pp. 134-142, 2004.