William E. Cox
Areas of Interest :
Water resources management with emphasis on institutional arrangements for alleviating water among competing interests and protecting environmental quality
- B.S.Civil Engineering, Virginia Tech, 1966
- M.S. Civil Engineering, Virginia Tech, 1968
- Ph.D. Civil Engineering, Virginia Tech, 1976
- "Watershed Management in Virginia: Status, Effectiveness, Future Prospects," Virginia Water Resources
- "Review of Engineering Design Standards and Practices in the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers," Institute for
Water Resources, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
- "Improving Management of Intrastate and Interstate Water Transfer in the Eastern United States," U.S.
- "Demonstration of Stormwater Management Strategies for Nonpoint Pollution Control in Urbanizing
Watersheds," Virginia Department of Conservation and Historic Resources.
- Cox, W.E., "Maintenance of Water Rights over Time Under the Model State Water Code," Journal of
Water Resources Planning and Management, ASCE, vol. 120, pp. 418-422, 1995.
- Shabman, L.A. and Cox, W.E., "Conflict Over Eastern Water Transfers: Toward a New Era of
Negotiation," in E. Loehman and A. Dinar, eds., Water Quality/Quantity Disputes and Their Resolution,
Praeger, Wertport, CN, pp. 189-201, 1995.
- Cox, W.E., "Reallocation Impacts of Eastern Water-Law Changes," Journal of Water Resources Planning
and Management, ASCE, vol. 120, pp. 476-484, 1994.
- Cox, W.E., "From Riparianism to Water-Use Permitting: Issues Confronting State Government,"
Proceedings of the 20th Anniversary Conference--Water Management in the '90s: A Time for Innovation,
ed. Katherine Horn, ASCE, pp. 348-351, May 1-5, 1993.
- Cox, W.E., "Status of Minimum Flow Maintenance in Water Resources Management," Proceedings of the
Fourth Water Resources Operations Management Workshop, ASCE, 1992.