John T. Novak
Areas of Interest :
Bioremediation, water and wastewater treatment, hazardous waste treatment, sludge treatment, solid waste management.
- B.S. Civil Engineering, University of Missouri-Columbia, 1964
- M.S. Civil Engineering, University of Missouri-Columbia, 1966
- Ph.D. Civil Engineering, University of Washington, 1969
- Best Paper Award, 1988 - Water Quality Division, AWWA for "Effect of Storage and Preoxidation on Sludge and Water Quality."
- Named Nick Prillaman Professor of Environmental Engineering, 1987
- Academy of Faculty Service, VPI&SU, 1985
- Best Paper Award, 1980 - Water Quality Division, AWWA, for "Water Treatment Plant Sludges - An Update of the State of the Art."
- Arthur Sidney Bedell Award, 1979 - Water Pollution Control Association.
- Introduction to Environmental Engineering
- An Investigation into the Use of Biologically-Based Treatment Technologies for Waste Oil Reduction. : Norfolk-Southern Corporation
- Nalco - Virginia Tech Sludge Characterization Program : Nalco
- The Impact of Industrial Wastewater Composition on the Bioflocculation of Biological Sludges. : VA Water Resources Research Center
- The Impact of Industrial Wastewater Composition on the Bioflocculation of Biological Sludges. : Eastman Chemical Co.
- Laboratory Studies Using a Sodium Bearing Waste Stimulant. : E G and G, Idaho
- Novak, J. T. Discussion of Improved Characterization of Mixing for Sludge Conditioning. Jour. Envr. Engr. Div., ASCE, 122, 9 (880-881) 1996
- Higgins, J. J. and Novak, J. T. The Roles of Exocellulor Biopolymer in Bioflocculation With an Emphasis on Protein Characterization. Jour. Envr. Engr. Div., ASCE (In press) 1997.
- Higgins, M. J. and Novak, J. T. Dewatering and Settling of Activated Sludges: The Case for Using Cation Analysis. Water Envr. Research. (In-Press) 1996.
- Higgins, M. J. and Novak, J. T. (1996). The Effect of Catious on the Settling and Dewatering on Activated Sludges - Laboratory Results. Water Envr. Research, (In-Press).
- Bhandari, A., Novak, J. T., and Berry, D. F. Binding of 4-Monochlorophenol to Soil, Environ. Sci. and Technol., 30, 7 (2305-2311) 1996.